Trips guided by experts of the Amber Association, Northern Matxitxako, limit of the continental platform.
It takes about one hour to get to the sighting area, located at 8 miles from Bermeo. Once there, the boat speeds down to facilitate the search and sighting of cetaceans and do a tour over a submarine canyon, where we often spot dolphins and whales.
Standard Route: Dolphins and Whales Zone
- Dates 2017: April-September-October: Saturdays from 09:30-14:00 h. July and August: Saturdays from 09:30-14:00 h. and Wednesdays from 16:00-20:30 h.
- Price: Adults € 40, Children (7-12 years) € 28.
- Tour: we reached the northern part of the canyon, 12 miles.
Route PRO: Large cetaceans -sperm whales, whales, beaked whales- Zone
- Dates 2017: May, June and October: Saturdays from 9-15 h
- Price: € 48 (over 16 only).
- Tour: 6 hours, we reach up to 20 miles, the deepest zone.
Reservations: Euskadi Biodiversity Center Torremadariaga, Telephone 94 687 04 02
It is recommended to bring warm clothing, raincoat, sunglasses, hat and camera or video, besides food (nuts, potatoes ...) and drink. It is also advisable to avoid a previous intake of milk, juices...