Departures from BERMEO:
RESERVATIONS: Ekoetxea Biodiversity Center, Teléfono 94 687 04 02
Trips guided by experts of the Ambar Association, Northern Matxitxako, limit of the continental platform.
It takes about one hour to get to the sighting area, located at 8 miles from Bermeo. Once there, the boat speeds down to facilitate the search and sighting of cetaceans and do a tour over a submarine canyon, where we often spot dolphins and whales.
Standard Route: Dolphins and Whales Zone
- Schedule: from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Price: Adults € 40, Children (7-14 years) € 28.
- Next dates 2019: 06/04, 13/04, 04/05, 11/05, 01/06, 22/06.
Route PRO: Large cetaceans -sperm whales, whales, beaked whales- Zone
- Schedule: from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Price: € 48 (over 14 only).
- Next dates 2019: 27/04, 19/05, 15/06.
Reservations: Euskadi Biodiversity Center Torremadariaga, Telephone 94 687 04 02
Departures from SANTURTZI::
Guided tour by nature expert Gorka Ocio, in a route beyond the limit of the continental shelf.
It will take a little more than two hours to reach the edge of the platform, where the marine canyon is located, where the large marine mammals live. Once arrived here, the boat will sail at a constant speed of 4 knots in search of whales and dolphins
Verballenas Route: 8 hours
- Schedule: From 08:00 a 16:00 h
- Prize: 69€
- Dates 2019: July: Friday. August: thursday and friday. September and October: Friday and (Sunday from Bermeo)
It is recommended to bring warm clothing, raincoat, sunglasses, hat and camera or video, besides food (nuts, potatoes ...) and drink. It is also advisable to avoid a previous intake of milk, juices...